WASHINGTON - The Washington Humane Society is conducting a "paw poll" to let dogs cast their votes for D.C.
BRAINERD, Minn. - Tweeting the old-fashioned way can net you a steep discount on a feathered friend.
AMMAN, Jordan - An animal rights activist has caused a stir in Jordan's capital by covering herself in lettuce in a quirky attempt to persuade Middle Eastern meat lovers to go vegetarian.
FRANKFORT, Ky. - An American Kennel Club-registered dog has been turned loose in the wild after the Frankfort Humane Society mistook her for a coyote.
KING LAKE, Neb. - The Nebraska Humane Society has seized three Burmese pythons from a flooded home in the Omaha suburb of King Lake.
- Why did chicken cross road? Maybe to obey Nev. law
- NY man seeking help for stray dog arrested for DWI
- Vet says NY dog needs Viagra for heart condition
- PETA buys ad space on Oregon man's cremation urns
- Python found in Neb. hotel's potty was lost pet
- Wily coyote evades NYC police capture for 2 days
- PETA offers anti-meat trash cans for Colo. parks
- 3-legged dog wins 1st place in NYC shelter contest
- 'Chicken-playing' chicken lives with horse, dragon
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival